At our retreat, we heard from our friend Mike Seawright about living out Kingdom stories in our everyday lives. One of the best ways to show what following Jesus looks like is through kindness and generosity.
We’d love to hear how you’re using your reverse offering to tell the story of what God is doing in and through Anchor City! We had some amazing brainstorming at the retreat. Here are a couple of ideas to help you put those reverse offerings into action:
- Invite a friend to coffee and share your story of what God is doing in our church family and in your life
- Make a small gift basket and drop it off at your local firehouse, with a personal card expressing your thanks
- Make lunches to give away to people who might be asking for money. Pro tip: Keep them in the back seat of your car for easy access!
- As a family, commit to sponsoring a World Vision child. Sit down with your kids and talk about how our giving can make an impact in the world for Jesus. Use the reverse offering to help pay for the first month of sponsorship!
- Purchase a Scripture print and give it to a friend who could use the encouragement. Double the impact: Support a local artist (for example, Handletter.co is based in SD and makes beautiful prints!) and point a friend toward Jesus!
Anchor City is proud to be part of the Advent Conspiracy:
A global movement of people and churches resisting the cultural Christmas narrative of consumption by choosing a revolutionary Christmas through Worshipping Fully, Spending Less, Giving More and Loving All.
We believe that first Christmas, when Christ the King entered the story of our world to redeem and restore the world He so loves, the world was changed—and we believe Christmas can still change the world!
On Sunday, December 21st, we will collect a special Advent Conspiracy offering to support two organizations doing incredible ministry around the world:
In this season of watching, waiting, and preparing the way for the King, may your heart be filled to overflowing with the love of Christ!
Find out more about JVI’s work to fight bonded slavery around the world and how our Advent Conspiracy offering can help bring clean water & the love of Jesus through LWI:
On December 2, 2014, Anchor City is proud to join with churches from around the world to join the fight against modern slavery.
We are partnering with Justice Ventures International, in collaboration with many of JVI’s US and Asia partners, to host a benefit to raise awareness for the almost 30 million men, women and children exploited in sex trafficking, forced labor and other forms of slavery. The event will feature stories of rescue and restoration, as well as practical ways for ordinary citizens to aid the victims and help bring perpetrators to justice.
To learn more about the problem of modern day slavery visit Walk Free.
Though we may feel like exiles at times, wandering without a place to call home, even facing hardship or persecution, hold fast to what Scripture says is your true identity in 1 Peter 2:9-10:
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Who does God say you are? A quick walk through Scripture reveals: