Here is a regular list of needs from New Day Urban Ministries, below there is a TOP 5 needs list (always a priority to get Men’s pants and backpacks). They are low on sheets — donations with size labeled would be appreciated!
New Day Urban Ministries needs:
TOP 5 items:
- Men’s pants all waist sizes (especially 30, 32, 34 and 36)
- Men’s boxers/underwear waist sizes (especially 30, 32, 34 and 36) correlate with above pants.
- Luggage with wheels (families can “wheel” diapers and clothing out of here!)
- Backpacks (duffle bags) for clothings and shoes
- Tennis shoes
- Top item (always): Men’s Boxers waist sizes (especially 30, 32, 34 and 36) correlate with above Pants.
- Men’s clothing and T-shirts
- Women’s clothing and T-shirts
- Kids clothing and Baby Clothing
- Tennis shoes (men’s, women’s and children’s). Men’s we always need larger sizes (but we will take any shoes and size them).
- Baseball Caps (hot out there!)/Hats
- Can openers
- Towels & washcloths
- Sleeping bags
- Bed sheets — (all sizes Twin, Full, Queen, King). Please mark the sheets at HOME, it is easier for you to tell us what size sheets you are donating, here at New Day we have to try to size them and they are quite a large item. Please send with their sizes marked (if possible).
- Backpacks (duffle bags)
- Grocery store bags (with handles) to hand out clothing
- Luggage with wheels
- Reusable water bottles (for water and drinks)
- Pots and pans
- Plastic spoons (for ramen and fruit cups)
- Large-size shampoo
- Razors (preferably blue for men)
- Small hand sanitzer
- Masks (for both volunteers and clients)
- Clorox wipes (Costco-sized)
Hope the above lists are helpful, please do not hesitate to email or text me with any questions, email me if you need my cell phone number. I personally need a new radio/CD player/boom box to play CD’s while the Clothing room Volunteers hang clothes. It is a nicer ambiance when we have Music playing in the background. If you have a CD player/radio that you would like to donate, please text me at 858-405-4646. Thank you!