How has God shown you hesed in your life this week?
Read and Discuss
Ruth 4 — mark it up
Come up with 5 thoughts/questions that come to mind as you read Ruth 4
- Why do you think Boaz chose to meet the other relative in public – why do you think that detail is noted?
- Why do you think that God established this system of kinsman-redeemer? How do we participate in this today?
- It can be argued that the hero of the book of Ruth is Boaz – he’s the Redeemer! So why is do you think the book is named for Ruth?
- “Praise be to the Lord, who this day has not left you without a guardian-redeemer” might be one of the most significant lines in the entire book. Why? How do you see the promises to Naomi applied to your life today?
- How does chapter 4 show God at work in this world? Not only for Ruth and the Israelites but for all of us today?