In this week’s sermon from Acts 8:26-40, Pastor Jeya showed us how powerful crossing boundaries for the sake of Christ can be.
There were numerous boundaries Philip crossed in his conversation with this Ethiopian man:
- Spiritual — in hearing and responding to God’s prompting at each stage
- Geographic — in obedience to God’s call, Philip was willing to physically journey across various borders
- Relational — in being invited into relationship, asking good questions, and being willing to listen to both God and the people around him
- Cultural — in reaching out to someone who was different from him in cultural, ethnic, and racial heritage
- Each discussion group was able to share even more (please feel free to add your group’s findings as a comment to this post!)
PJ mentioned a show (viewable on Netflix) called The Kindness Diaries — a man who travels the world relying on the kindness of strangers and, in the journey, discovering the gifts that make a full life. May we have the courage and compassion to follow Jesus in crossing borders, both near and far, and discover joy, grace, and life in those places.