The season of Advent is a call to worship our King.
Christmas reminds us that God has not given up on the world—and the hope we have in Jesus leads us to worship.
From Advent Conspiracy:
It starts with Jesus. It ends with Jesus. This is the holistic approach God had in mind for Christmas. It’s a season where we are called to put down our burdens and lift a song up to our God. It’s a season where love wins, peace reigns, and a king is celebrated with each breath. It’s the party of the year. Entering the story of advent means entering this season with an overwhelming passion to worship Jesus to the fullest.
This Good News of great joy isn’t just for us, but it’s for all people. As Matt Redman sings, worship is the fuel for mission’s flame. In other words, when our hearts are filled with God’s amazing grace, we can’t help but share that love with others around us.
Here are some resources to help you Worship Fully throughout the Advent season:
- Unwrap the Wonder Advent devotional: From author Margaret Feinberg, “Over the next four weeks, we’re going to slow to a stroll as we meander through 12 stunning verses in the Gospel of Luke.That’s right. One dozen verses.Come along as we unwrap the wonder of Advent this December. Don’t worry—it won’t take long. Just enough explore the greatest gift of all: Christ.”
- To You is the Song Advent devotional: Bible readings and personal reflection questions for the four weeks of Advent (and beyond)
- Family Guide from Advent Conspiracy: Features activities and ideas to engage parents and kids
- To You is the Song family devotional: Weekly Bible readings and activities for families
- Our Daily Bread Christmas Edition: A 10-day Bible reading plan from YouVersion
- Waiting Here for You, An Advent Journey of Hope: A 7-day Bible reading plan by Louie Giglio for YouVersion
How Great is Our God (World Edition), by Chris Tomlin
Awesome, by Pastor Charles Jenkins & Fellowship Chicago
We Exalt Your Name, by Kari Jobe
Future/Past, by John Mark McMillan