At our retreat, we heard from our friend Mike Seawright about living out Kingdom stories in our everyday lives. One of the best ways to show what following Jesus looks like is through kindness and generosity.
We’d love to hear how you’re using your reverse offering to tell the story of what God is doing in and through Anchor City! We had some amazing brainstorming at the retreat. Here are a couple of ideas to help you put those reverse offerings into action:
- Invite a friend to coffee and share your story of what God is doing in our church family and in your life
- Make a small gift basket and drop it off at your local firehouse, with a personal card expressing your thanks
- Make lunches to give away to people who might be asking for money. Pro tip: Keep them in the back seat of your car for easy access!
- As a family, commit to sponsoring a World Vision child. Sit down with your kids and talk about how our giving can make an impact in the world for Jesus. Use the reverse offering to help pay for the first month of sponsorship!
- Purchase a Scripture print and give it to a friend who could use the encouragement. Double the impact: Support a local artist (for example, Handletter.co is based in SD and makes beautiful prints!) and point a friend toward Jesus!